Book Review by LITEROMA PUBLISHING SERVICES :: ‘And So Can You’ by Dr. Roopleen

** Thanks to the author for gifting us a review copy of the book.**

** Thanks to our reviewer Saurav Gupta for reviewing the book on behalf of Literoma. **

“If there is a book that you want to read,
But has not been written yet,
You must write it.
                                                      -Toni Morisson”

This quote just made my day, the moment I opened the book. I was pretty sure I am going to invest my time in something worthy. I may not be a doctor, or not even remotely related to the medical profession to know what warrants the huge respect that medical practitioners govern. However, this book opened my eyes to a world hence unknown and unseen by everyone else, that of the human side of doctors.

While reading this book I came to know about the sense of vulnerability, that shows us how doctors are inherently human, they also had moments in their life where they really doubted themselves. The flow of this book was marvelous, I could relate to the challenges Dr. Ashok Khurana felt convincing his father, I also could understand how Dr. Barnali Das must have felt, facing the challenge of being placed suddenly into an environment where one does not understand the culture and the language involved. This book captures the true essence of good writing, relatability.

While on a whole, this book is fairly complete, the cover design does feel a bit inadequate, and does not do justice to what the book stands for. However, that does not detract from the wonderful experience of reading this book. I would suggest each and every reader to go for the book. The way Dr. Roopleen has carried the inspiring stories of 17 doctors is just marvellous. You can start from any story of the book and you won't be bored. You will learn a new lesson from all the stories you will read.

My rating of Dr. Roopleen's 'And So Can You' is 4.5*/5*. A book worth time spending upon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a coffee chat with Retd. Col. Sujit Dutta, the author of 'Vignettes of Life'

Rimli Bhattacharya: The Rising Star of Literoma Galaxy

#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Death Served Cold’ by Sourabh Mukherjee