Book Review by LITEROMA PUBLISHING SERVICES :: "Blood and Beloved" by Krimson Ravyn

** Thanks to the author for gifting us a Kindle copy of the book for review. **

** Thanks to our reviewer Reetwika Banerjee for reviewing the book on behalf of Literoma. **

"Blood and Beloved" is a English poetry book of Gothic dark poetry genre, arguably India's first as claimed by the author herself. Indeed after a long time, I got to read something which will remain with me for long. A fresh read from Indian literary spectrum. We do not get to read Gothic horror poetry much from Indian authors. From a reader's standpoint good to see the paradigm shift in traditional Indian English literature by the young generation.

The impact of some of the poems are going to be truly long lasting. Though I am not a regular  poetry reader, but the title and genre caught my eyes at once and I started reading through the lines flapped inside the cover. I will like to specially applaud the young poet Krimson Ravyn for penning such an impacting read. Every word has been well penned and effectively molded to create an instant imprint in reader's mind. In fact majority of the poem titles are also captivating. I, personally being a relationship empowered person, have cherished reading almost all the poems published in the book just over a night.

Some of my personal favourites are: I died twice, The song of cemetery, The black sun, My deal with the devil and The Raven like raven. What an end !!

Kashish Kaur, the real name behind Krimson Ravyn, will definitely make a stronger comeback with her next book. Our best wishes to her.

Only thing which I did not find very convincing is the use of a Gothic pen name. She may rethink using her real name in the next attempts, even for similar genre.

Overall Literoma rates the book as 5*/5* (especially for the concept) and recommend it for a dark reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a coffee chat with Retd. Col. Sujit Dutta, the author of 'Vignettes of Life'

#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Death Served Cold’ by Sourabh Mukherjee

Rimli Bhattacharya: The Rising Star of Literoma Galaxy