Book Review by #LITEROMA PUBLISHING SERVICES :: 'Making a Poem' by Vihang A. Naik

** Thanks to the author for gifting us a review copy of the book. **

** Thanks to our reviewer Satabdi for reviewing the book on behalf of #Literoma. **

Poetry is always a difficult form of literature is what I believe because you have limited words and space to express larger expressions. Being a poet myself, I always love reading English poetry by contemporary poets and this book stood out as one of the best of my recently reads.

I must say, poet Vihang Naik has done a fabulous job in restricting his deep thoughts within the boundaries of just twenty five poems. They are written so simply that each of them touched my heart subtly. His poetic style is heartmelting indeed. To quote him from the poem "THE PEN",

"These days the pen
is at the end
of making words
that would be
a poem for you,
perhaps this is how
poet breathes last.
Now that the words
have come to an end.
You search your poem
in the silence of death."

Overall rating of the book for me is 4.5*/5* and highly recommended for bed time read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a coffee chat with Retd. Col. Sujit Dutta, the author of 'Vignettes of Life'

#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Death Served Cold’ by Sourabh Mukherjee

Rimli Bhattacharya: The Rising Star of Literoma Galaxy