Book Review by #LITEROMA :: "Lady in Red" by Dr. Shankar Kashyap

** Thanks to the author for gifting us a review copy of the book.**

** Thanks to our reviewer Tee Kay for reviewing the book on behalf of #Literoma. **

The soulful touch of this love poetry book is the best takeaway from the entire reading journey. As a senior citizen, I am not much into romance genre these days but I definitely liked the subtle depth of feelings perforating deep inside Shankar's poetic realm. Especially his experimentation with intermixing different global poetry styles caught my attention. Rubaiyat is very uncommon in English literature to the best of my knowledge. His daring effort is commendable.

I will like to quote a couplet from his collection:-
"You smiled at me: A hypnotic smile
 Sent me into raptures; I can't forget in my life."

The only genre missing in the list is probably Haiku. May be we can expect a full length Haiku collection from him next in the go?

Overall, I will rate the book as 4.2*/5* and highly recommend for a fine reading.

All the Literoma reviews are available at our page:-
https://literomagroup.blogspot.com/  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a coffee chat with Retd. Col. Sujit Dutta, the author of 'Vignettes of Life'

Rimli Bhattacharya: The Rising Star of Literoma Galaxy

#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Death Served Cold’ by Sourabh Mukherjee