Book Review by #LITEROMA :: "Abyss" by Sabarna Roy

** Thanks to the author for gifting us an ecopy of the book for review. **

** Thanks to our reviewer for reviewing the book on behalf of Literoma. **

Publisher: Frog Books
Language: English
Pages: 350
Genre: English Play
One line review: A quality read

Honestly speaking, I am into much of reading plays because I find it very difficult to comprehend compared to stories or novels. During high school days, have read some but by choice hardly any. But Sabarna's Abyss made me break my notion of not reading plays.

It is a crime thriller with unprecedented turns and twists within a short radius. Though at times the terms 'Act I, Scene I' etc sounded little Shakesperean old English style, but the contemporary contents made me absolved in it. There are only two Acts and one intermission. The plot broke at right when it was needed. I must appreciate the tidiness of the playwriter in restricting the words limits.

Also the characters being mostly English did not hot me in my unimaginable zone. Well carved. Better not to say much in interest of the readers who are yet to give a glance.

The title of the play is perhaps the best of all it has to offer and so is the cover image. Appreciation for the artistic eye of the author and designer both.

Only part which could have been better was its editing. May be next time author should plan for professional copyediting to ensure seamless reading experience for critical eyes like us.

I would like to rate Roy's Abyss as 3.7*/5*. It is a gripping quick read kind English play.

All the Literoma reviews are available at our page:-
https://literomagroup.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a coffee chat with Retd. Col. Sujit Dutta, the author of 'Vignettes of Life'

#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Death Served Cold’ by Sourabh Mukherjee

Rimli Bhattacharya: The Rising Star of Literoma Galaxy