Book Review by #LITEROMA :: "Frosted Glass" by Sabarna Roy


** Thanks to the author for gifting us an ecopy of the book for review. **

** Thanks to our reviewer for reviewing the book on behalf of Literoma. **

The combination of front cover and title together pulled me to flip to its interior. It was a series of hits and misses thereafter. Some of them I really enjoyed, few I did not and some did not touch me either way.

As distinct aspect of this book is its central character - Rahul, a filmy name with a realistic mix of human traits. He has a very entwining outlook towards life and faces similar concerns that any common man will face in life. His struggles too are very relatable to present day men. It is good to see not so larger than life characterization of a common man to become a hero.

My personal favourites from this book in order of my liking are:-
1. Fallen Man (the book opens with this book and it was very essential for author to keep the grip tight to make me read the next),
2. Peling (it is one of my favourite places on Earth),
3. Spectacle (being bespectacled over decades, I loved the worded expressions),
4. Ladder to the Moon (wow what a catchy title) and
5. Clouds of Life (though the title could have been better but I liked the novelty of the concept entrapped within).

My rating of "Frosted Glass" will be 4*/5*.

All the Literoma reviews are available at our page:-
https://literomagroup.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a coffee chat with Retd. Col. Sujit Dutta, the author of 'Vignettes of Life'

#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Death Served Cold’ by Sourabh Mukherjee

Rimli Bhattacharya: The Rising Star of Literoma Galaxy