Book Review by #LITEROMA :: "Pentacles" by Sabarna Roy

** Thanks to the author for gifting us an ecopy of the book for review. **

** Thanks to our reviewer for reviewing the book on behalf of Literoma. **

Publisher: Frog Books
Language: English
Pages: 90
Genre: Story and Poems
One line review: A passing read

Well after reading two titles by the same author, this was my third pick. It also happens to be author's first published book. I cant say it is the best, but is definitely worth a positive review.

Coming to the aspects one by one, the book cover image is a flock of butterflies crossing a barbed fence. Nothing much I could relate to the story nor the poems, but it comes soothing to my eyes, though with a negative shade. But the contents are more solemn than the cover I would rather say.

Contentwise, the book truly impressed me. Sabarna's style of writing I have already appreciated earlier and now I can say I can read more of his books. There is a freshness in all his titles and a touch of Bengalihood makes me more attracted to read his stories and poems. The characters has those Bengalified saluations like kakima, pisima etc. So, in this New Life story.

Editing needs a lot of improvement though.

My overall rating of the book is 3.5*/5*. Can be read during leisure hours.

All the Literoma reviews are available at our page:-
https://literomagroup.blogspot.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a coffee chat with Retd. Col. Sujit Dutta, the author of 'Vignettes of Life'

#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Death Served Cold’ by Sourabh Mukherjee

Rimli Bhattacharya: The Rising Star of Literoma Galaxy