Book Review by #LITEROMA :: "Pentacles" by Sabarna Roy

** Thanks to the author for gifting us an ecopy of the book for review. **

** Thanks to our reviewer for reviewing the book on behalf of Literoma. **

Sabarna Roy's book titled 'Pentacles' came to my hands recently. I started reading it casually but as I moved deeper inside the story (New Life), I started feeling more connected to its characters. They looked so lively and consistent. I must say, Sabarna did an excellent job in character building for his story and also setting up appropriate backgrounds to make them feel real. Any day, it can be adapted into a film - this is what I felt after finishing it.

Coming to the remaining four poems - they are undoubtedly good but somehow I felt them to be a mismatch to the tone set by his story. If "a thin book may not be liked by readers" was the rationale behind publishing a mixed genre, I would rather suggest to think conversely. The poems are independently very captivating but somehow they broke the tempo of such a fantastic storyline for me.

My overall rating of the book is 3.5*/5*.

All the Literoma reviews are available at our page:-
https://literomagroup.blogspot.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a coffee chat with Retd. Col. Sujit Dutta, the author of 'Vignettes of Life'

#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Death Served Cold’ by Sourabh Mukherjee

Rimli Bhattacharya: The Rising Star of Literoma Galaxy