Tete-a-Tete with Srijoy Mitra - the writer of GEM OF FILTH



1. We heard GOF is a sequel of GW. Really?

Ans: It is a direct continuation, its the second half of the story. 


2. So Anicetus is back. How much has he grown from GW?

Ans: There is much growth in the character - a new level of potential is seen.

3. Any learnings from your writing journey so far?

Ans: I have continued to extend my education in literature through taking College level courses online in English along with research and reading many books with difficult linguistic styles and in depth content within specified subjects in history and religion.

4. You have golden hands in music too. Heard that you are creating original tracks for #Literoma Audio Carnival. How are you enjoying it alongside your new title release?

Ans: We are working to build something, my pleasure is in the labor itself - the process means every second counts along with every breath of effort for a better now and future.

5. Will there be any follow up episode of Anicetus? 

Ans: GOF will display that a further episode of the same character will be unnecessry.

6. You are a Bong by birth. How much of Bengal could be found in your novels?

Ans: I do not reveal my background in any fictional writing so far. 

7. World is chained down. What keeps you moving in these tough times?

Ans: I have a substantial future in Los Angeles after the world crisis ends. I am fortunate to be in an online program within the University I have been taking classes for during the crisis period. Online School is taking much of my time along with practicing and developing my skills in music performance and production including the expansion of my reading and writing skills.

8. May we expect Anicetus to fall in love anytime soon?

Ans: Nearness with a woman or women is a central focus to his development. This does not include being in a sexual relationship. The focus hones in on a boy gaining non-sexual propinquity with a woman - extending his growth in a way one will understand from reading the thoughts and experiences of the character. This is an analysis of boy and woman gaining mutual growth unique to that of mother to son, a figure he desperately needs fulfilled in some manner, this is what the story is about. 

9. If you have to choose between dreams and money, which one will you choose and why? 

Ans: If somebody wants something, they have to work towards it. There is no excuse for someone who just gave up, getting the dream requires getting money. Getting money is a part of the dream, one cannot have one without the other. If I have my dream but no money, I'll starve and not be able to sustain my life. If I get money, that's part of my dream. I am not getting money without doing something I like because everything I do is related to writing or music at this point in time. I have no other skill set because I did not grow a skill set I disliked. I did not grow a skill set to a point where I am below average and I do not stop below average unless I am dead.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a coffee chat with Retd. Col. Sujit Dutta, the author of 'Vignettes of Life'

#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Death Served Cold’ by Sourabh Mukherjee

Rimli Bhattacharya: The Rising Star of Literoma Galaxy