#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Trains in a Bath Tub’ by Asheemita Bagchi

 ** Thanks to our reviewer Tamal for reviewing the book on behalf of Literoma. **


Poetry is never my genre. But the very title literally pulled me to pick this book. Author did a great job indeed in keeping her reader engrossed till the last poem. Here are my hits and misses:-


HITS

1. Very sleek contents. The thinness compelled me to finish in a single reading. 

2. Cover is very catchy, apt to its title.

3. Writing style is contemporary and so are her topics. She has brought out a poetic expression for almost all her adolescent emotions through this book.


MISSES

1. Not really, but some lined illustrations could have added a little visual appeal.

2. The title and overall tone of the poems did not gel well for me. Probably, a more suitable title would have appealed a seasoned reader like me.


I would like to rate the book as 3.9*/5*.


All the Literoma reviews are available at our page:-

https://literomagroup.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a coffee chat with Retd. Col. Sujit Dutta, the author of 'Vignettes of Life'

Rimli Bhattacharya: The Rising Star of Literoma Galaxy

#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Death Served Cold’ by Sourabh Mukherjee