#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Trains in a Bath Tub’ by Asheemita Bagchi

 ** Thanks to our reviewer Reetwika Banerjee for reviewing the book on behalf of Literoma. **


Genre: Poetry

Language: English

No of poems: 30

No of pages: 60

Shelf: Young Adult

Format: Paperback & eBook


Poetry is always my first love and even today I pickup all genres of poetry for reading, reciting and more importantly dreaming. Asheemita's poems have that magical touch which took me to a bliss after after I closed it tangibly. Not all poets or books can create that dream world for its readers. 


I loved:-

1. The book cover undoubtedly.

2. The writing style of Asheemita. It has a very urban style.

3. Variation of contents - romance, adulthood, friendship, nostalgia, travel and what not!

4. Book title - so unconventional.


I wanted for more:-

1. Cover title should have been the opening poem of the book.

2. The book cover is very nice but may not be the perfect fit for the content. From the cover I expected it to be a children poetry book but it was young adult genre.

3. I wish there were more poems to soar higher in the clouds.


My overall rating: 4.5*/5*.


All the Literoma reviews are available at our page:-

https://literomagroup.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a coffee chat with Retd. Col. Sujit Dutta, the author of 'Vignettes of Life'

Rimli Bhattacharya: The Rising Star of Literoma Galaxy

#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Death Served Cold’ by Sourabh Mukherjee