#Literoma Interview: Dr. RAKHI SAMEER

Here's a tete-e-tete with the author of 'Psychology of Money' - Dr. RAKHI SAMEER
Q1 .Let’s begin with discovering unknown shades of the Dr. Rakhi Sameer and Author Rakhi Sameer. 

Ans. I love to read and write. My mother used to write a lot. We, my brother and me, were always encouraged to give expression to our thoughts and feelings. There was always a lot of talk about literature, be it English, Hindi or Urdu . There were discussions on Tagore, Moin, Ghalib, Somerset Maugham, Hardy and others in the house. So I guess, the entire environment was very conducive for a creative mind. As a person too I am a very thoughtful, independent person, also very opinionated. I have very strong liberal political views. 

Q2 Is there any particular event which inspired you to write this book? 

Ans. I would not say any event actually, but my stepping into a whole new world. When I got married from simple middle class, small town person, daughter of Gandhian parents, who wore Khadi all their lives. Who donated their gold at the time of China War. We did not have Idols of Gods, but a huge picture of Gandhiji that was sacred to us all. From this kind of family history , it was a whole new world for me in Mumbai, and married to an investment banker. Here the concept of money was completely different. For investment bankers money is not what it is for a middle class person. The comfort level, the attitude, the proportions, the dynamics, the relationship, everything is different in the worlds of middle class and upper class when it comes to money. This first gave me the idea to write this book. 

Q3 Tell us something exciting about 'Psychology of Money'. 

Ans. I guess everything about the book is exciting. It can change your relationship with money. It will help you discover your relationship with money. Most importantly, this book can help be in a better space with money, you will be less fearful of money, or it may help to spend less. So I think it’s a great book .....that has something for everyone. 

Q4 What will be your reaction if you’re told your book is getting picked for an academic purpose by some top business school? 

Ans. I would be very glad if 'Psychology of Money' is used for academic purpose. It can help people in Management get a better understanding of money, or even wealth creation. Or may be manage their financial situations better . 

Q5 What is your next writing project? If you would like to throw some light. 

Ans. I have couple of writing projects coming up this year. These would based on my Life Coaching experiences. One is on Emotional Abuse, and the other one is Style Your Mind. 

Q6 Any message for your readers? 

Ans. To my readers I would like to say please read the book.....and keep asking questions. Make it interactive. Please suggest any more topics that you would like me to write about.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here's a coffee chat with Retd. Col. Sujit Dutta, the author of 'Vignettes of Life'

Rimli Bhattacharya: The Rising Star of Literoma Galaxy

#LITEROMA Book Review :: ‘Death Served Cold’ by Sourabh Mukherjee